1. Platforms and Promotions.
- A basic platform is necessary to get your message out.
- Social Media is a great tool for this. If someone is new to social media, we encourage them to pick two platforms and spend 15 minutes per day, 5 days per week on them.
2. Titles, Subtitles, and Chapter Titles.
- Your title is your big idea.
- Your subtitle is your promise to the reader: what journey you’re going to take them on throughout the duration of your book.
- Your chapters are a sort of layout which reinforce and emphasize your subtitle.
3. The Good Process vs. The Bad Process.
- Good processes begin with a good idea.
- To get a good idea, first seek God. Make an outline, then start writing.
- Have a good team.
- Decide if you’re going to publish traditionally or independently. (Independent Pros: Gain control of your rights, maintain your ability to keep the content you want in your book, and fast-track your publishing process.)
4. The Next Steps:
- Go to brookstonecreativegroup.com and sign up. It’s never too late, but the earlier in the process you start, the better.
- Get a good editor. A good editor will genuinely hurt your feelings as they change your content. That’s the sign of a great editor.
Brookstone Creative Group