SOMETIMES OUR MISTAKES AND GOD’S MIRACLES LIVE UNDER THE SAME ROOF.
Pastor Landon Galloway w/ special guest Pastor Jason Warman
We interpret this story wrong when we view Ishmael solely as a mistake.
God had a purpose for Ishmael.
1.. What God can do through the miracle, God can also do through the mistakes
- People are NEVER a mistake.
- Even when we’re in a season that’s a product of our mistake, God can redeem that season and use it for His own glory.
2. God has grace for your “mistake.”
- Right at both Isaac’s point of death and Ishmael’s point of death, God opened up eyes to see provision.
- God revealed himself as a sacrifice by the ram in the thicket as Isaac was prepared to be sacrificed ; God revealed himself as living water in the well to Hagar as Ishmael was on the brink of perishing of thirst.
3. God has a plan for your mistake.
- Ishmael was given a career, a family, and a purpose.
- We all make mistakes, but our mistakes don’t have to be just mistakes in the eyes of God.
- You have to trust that God is able to rewrite history so that your mistake isn’t a mistake.
Whatever you have, wherever you’re from, God can use your mistakes and grant you His presence and purpose.