1. Pentecost is the birthday of the Church but that labor began in the passion of Jesus.
- To say that the purpose of Jesus was the cross would be to say to a pregnant lady that the purpose of the pregnancy was the labor.
- Jesus endured the suffering of the cross for what would come later: pentecost.
2. The crucifixion, the resurrection and the day of pentecost are all a part of the same magnificent plan of God.
- The cross can’t be separated from the day of pentecost.
3. The day of Pentecost
- The day of Pentecost was a party in Heaven in response to the coronation of Jesus.
- The praises of heaven spilled over into earth when the Holy Spirit was poured out.
- Any time we flow in the gifts of the Holy Spirit or witness the move of the Holy Spirit, it reminds satan that Jesus Christ is STILL Lord of all!
The cornerstone of Christianity is Jesus Christ risen from the dead, but it is witnessed by men and women of faith who are filled with the power of the Holy Spirit.