The purpose and function of the five-fold ministry in the local church.
Without the presence of God, Christianity is just another religion. – Jonathan Suber
1. The Five-Fold is not hierarchal.
• We confuse the function with the unction.
• The purpose of the gifting is to equip the believer.
• Every believer has a grace for ministry.
• Five-Fold Giftings explained per Oasis Church:
• Apostles are dream awakeners
• Prophets are heart revealers
• Evangelists are story-tellers
• Pastors are soul healers
• Teachers are light-givers
“No one is just called to sit on your pew and drink your coffee.” – Jonathan Suber
2. Staying free from falling.
• Therefore, brothers, be all the more diligent to confirm your calling and election, for if you practice these qualities you will never fall. – 1 Peter 1:10
• If you focus on your calling and election, you’ll never fall.
• If God baptizes a member into the church with His spirit, He has sent them there to find and slow in their calling.
• Calling is gifting & Election is placement.
“We’ve elevated the gift above the gift-giver” – Jarred Moss
3. Government is by appointment.
• Leadership is an appointed role.
• Nobody appoints themselves to authority. God does it through leadership.
• God gives you a grace for the function.
• Sometimes the grace changes but you’re the same person.
• Graces come and go with seasons.
“Everything that has to do with the gospel is evangelism & discipleship”