1. What is a Teacher?
- Pastoring and teaching is coupled together.
- All pastors need to be good teachers, but there are some teachers that aren’t supposed to be pastors.
- The Teacher isn’t just a dispenser of information.
“None of us are called to teach content, we’re called to teach people.”
2. Is there a difference between preaching & Teaching?
- Preaching is to proclaim the good news of the Gospel to the predominately lost audience.
- Teaching is HOW to apply the reality of the good news.
- Even the word preaching lends itself to the combination blend of Church leaders: the “pr-” precedes “proclaim,” and the “-eaching” recognizes the necessity of teaching.
- Teaching has to involve the good news and preaching can’t involve intellectual laziness.
“Your proclamation requires explanation.”
3. How can we embrace a high value of teaching and teachers in the body of Christ?
- Embrace the gift & Celebrate Expertis
- Identify people with teaching gifts by identifying the ones asking questions.
- Involve those individuals in Christian education and resources to refine the gift.
“that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting,” – Ephesians 4:14