1. There is a difference between character and calling but both are very personal.
- We coach a team member’s character, but also their calling to ministry.
- Character and calling are the foundation for coaching. They are what’s under the surface of all issues in a team member’s life.
- Everything from here on out as it relates to coaching is above the surface.
“A big question to ask is ‘Are You Called?’ “
– Stephen Martin
2. What comes next is competency.
- Nobody likes getting up in the morning and going to work feeling like they’re not good at their job.
- As character = accountability, and calling = fruitfulness, Competency = Confidence.
- In coaching, competency is where we start to see issues that deal with character and calling.
- The urge is to deal in competence, but often the problem lays with character and calling.
“Competency produces Confidence” – Stephen Martin
3. After character, calling and competence, comes culture.
- Culture is what you feel when you walk into an environment.
- Culture is the result of character, calling and competence.
- We define culture as attitude.
- You should always be soliciting feedback.
You attract who you are, not what you want. – Stephen Martin
Destiny Connect Have you attended a Destiny Connect Event yet? Connect is a special event for gathering, equipping and inspiring Christian Leaders. Find your region’s and register today at www.destinyleaders.com/connect
One Church Resource – Leadership Coaching ONE CHURCH RESOURCE is a global sharing network for pastors, creatives and church leaders and is a digital mission of Vintage Church located in Harker Heights, Texas. Our mission is to help you accomplish yours! We offer a variety of resources, 100% free of charge, that you can edit and modify to meet the specific needs of your church or ministry. View more at onechurchresource.com
The Better Planner – Stephen Martin Better Planner™ is a 13-week personal planner designed to help you map out all the different aspects of success and personal growth on your way to better. Better Planner™ was designed using the principles found in the book: Better: My Life. God’s Design, written by Stephen Martin. https://betterplanner.com