Applying for Ministry Credentials
When evaluating a candidate’s application for ministry credentials with Destiny’s Church and Minister’s Network the Board of Directors considers the applicant’s personal background, testimony of faith in Jesus Christ, reputation and proven moral character, educational background and experience in ministry settings. Applicants must be of legal age (18 years or older) to be considered.
The following relevant documentation must be provided for consideration:
- A completed and signed application identifying the level of ministry credential desired with appropriate fees paid – This can be accomplished online through the Destiny website.
- A personal ministry/work resume
- A personal testimony of faith in Christ and an explanation of their personal call to Christian ministry
- Any past certificate(s) of ministry credentials held by the applicant, educational transcripts, or other training documents the applicant wishes to be considered
- A personal letter of recommendation from overseeing pastor/minister
- A statement affirming that the applicant is in good standing in a local body of believers with verifiable references
How Credentialing Works
- A minister must be credentialed with Destiny at the General License level for one year prior to being eligible for Ordination except when an existing ordination from a recognized Ecclesiastical organization is presented. The applicant may transfer into Destiny at the level in which they were credentialed with an approved organization.
- The decision to approve ministry credentials of any minister remains that of the Destiny Ministries. Fulfillment of the preceding qualifications does not necessarily ensure licensure through the Destiny Church and Minister’s Network. Destiny Ministries reserves the right to be led by the Holy Spirit in the credentialing of qualified candidates.
- Destiny Ministries commissions credentialed ministers to perform all duties of a Christian Minister as provided by Holy Scriptures, under the direction of The Holy Spirit and in accordance with State, Federal and International Law. Our expectation is that credentialed ministers will conduct themselves with the absolute highest standards of ethical excellence and Christian integrity in all matters.
- By joining Destiny’s Church and Minister’s Network, you become a part of one of the most innovative concepts in Christian leadership development and support available today. As a member of Destiny, you can expect the kind of encouragement and honest input that all successful leaders need, as well as the connections and support to help make your dream become a reality.
- As a Covenant Family we affirm the concept of first fruits giving and believe that every field with the potential to harvest has a responsibility to sow, be it an individual or institution. Therefore, we practice tithing at every level of the Kingdom. It is a concept that is one of the core values of the Scripture in both the Old and New Testaments, and God has specifically chosen to fund His Kingdom purposes in this way. We believe that in creating a culture of generosity and obedience to tithe we acknowledge God as first in our lives and ministries, and as the only source of both present and continual blessing and provision. Therefore, we ask all members to support Destiny monthly as a portion of their personal tithe/offering. We suggest 3%.
TYPES OF MEMBERSHIP
This level of membership credential is the entry level of General License to practice Christian ministry. All ministers entering the Destiny Family must serve for one year at this credential level unless transferring an approved, existing license from a recognized Ecclesiastical organization. Fees: $50 Annual Certification Fee and a suggested monthly tithe/offering
This level of membership credential is the advanced level of Ordained Minister of the Gospel. This credential is reserved for those who are known to have a proven ministry, excellent reputation and have demonstrated the character of Christ with substantial experience under supervision of spiritual authority. Fees: $75 Annual Certification Fee and a suggested monthly tithe/offering
This level of membership is for those with existing ministry credentials from a recognized Ecclesiastical organization who desire to be affiliated with the Destiny Church and Minister’s Network, but do not need ministry credentials. Fees: $50 Annual Affiliation Fee and a suggested monthly tithe/offering
Affiliated Church 501(c)3 Membership
This level of membership is for the local church to operate as a church affiliate of the Destiny Church and Minister’s Network. This level of membership provides covering through Destiny’s group tax-exempt status under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code. Fees: $100 Annual Affiliation Fee and a suggested monthly tithe/offering
Affiliated Church Membership
This level of membership is for those churches that have their own tax-exempt status but desire affiliation with the Destiny Church and Minister’s Network. Fees: $100 Annual Affiliation Fee and a suggested monthly tithe/offering
What We Believe
In one true and living God who revealed Himself as the Father, Son Jesus and the Holy Spirit, perfect in love and righteousness in all His ways – That God, who discloses Himself through His creation, has spoken in the words and events of redemptive history. That this history is fulfilled in Jesus Christ, the Word who became flesh, the agent of creation and sustainer of all that is.
The Authority Of Scripture
That the Holy Scriptures, Old and New Testaments, are the inspired, infallible, and revealed Word of God – We believe they are the authoritative source of Christian doctrine and precept; that they are God breathed and without error in their original manuscripts.
The Lord Jesus Christ
That our Lord Jesus Christ lived a sinless life – We affirm His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection, His bodily ascension into Heaven, and His imminent return to earth. We affirm that Jesus is Lord of all.
Our Doctrine Of Man
That man was created in the image of God but, as a result of sin, is lost and powerless to save himself – Man’s only hope of salvation is to be redeemed and delivered from the power of sin and death through faith in the Blood of Jesus Christ, who died for our sins and rose again according to the Holy Scriptures.
That God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female – These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Gen 1:26-27). Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
That God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ (Acts 3:19-21; Rom 10:9-10; 1 Cor 6:9-11)
That every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31) – Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accordance with Scripture, nor the doctrines of Destiny Ministries.
The Work Of The Holy Spirit
That the Holy Spirit, as the fulfillment of the Promise, reveals the truth of God’s Word and endues men and women with power to live righteous and holy lives and to be witnesses of Christ in this world – We believe that the Holy Spirit provides the Body of Christ and its members in particular with the gifts needed for living victoriously and accomplishing its purpose in the earth. We believe all the gifts of the Holy Spirit are available to Christians today.
In The Church
In the Church, as the Body of Christ in this world, and that it is composed of all those who believe in Jesus Christ and have been spiritually regenerated by the Holy Spirit through the Grace of God
In the ordinances of the Church including water baptism symbolizing one’s death, burial, and resurrection with Christ Jesus, in holy matrimony (marriage as defined by the Scriptures) and observances of the Lord’s Supper acknowledging His broken body and shed blood as the New Covenant between God and man
That the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Gen 2:18-25) – We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other (1 Cor 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb 13:4).
That God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman
That any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God (Matt 15:18-20; 1 Cor 6:9-10)
In order to preserve the function and integrity of Destiny Ministries as a part of the Body of Christ, and to provide a biblical role model to the Destiny Ministries members and the community, it is imperative that all persons employed by Destiny Ministries in any capacity, or who serve as volunteers, agree to and abide by this Statement on Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality (Matt 5:16; Phil 2:14-16; 1 Thess 5:22).
The Sanctity Of Human Life
That all human life is sacred and created by God in His image – Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life (Ps 139).
Our Final Spiritual Authority
The Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of Destiny Ministries’ faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, our Director along with the Destiny Board of Directors is Destiny Ministries’ final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.
Statement To Limit Employment Opportunities Based On Religious Grounds
Destiny Ministries reserves the right to limit employment opportunities to those who willingly adhere and pledge in writing to agree with the Statement of Faith and the Code of Christian Conduct stated in Destiny Ministries’ Constitution and By-Laws.